Marrielle Van Rossum is an Associate at Sulloway & Hollis. Her practice focuses on medical malpractice, healthcare, labor and employment, guardianships, and general litigation. She has an active practice defending healthcare institutions and providers while also counseling private and nonprofit employers on a variety of matters. Marrielle joined the firm in 2015 and works in our Concord, NH office.
Sulloway & Hollis has been providing clients with the highest quality legal services since 1852. Headquartered in Concord, N.H., we are one of the oldest and most respected law firms in the state. Over the years, we have steadily and purposefully evolved to meet the changing needs of our clients and their markets. Today, Sulloway & Hollis is a regional firm with six offices across New England, working for a broad range of clients in a diverse array of industries.
Marrielle’s litigation practice encompasses an array of professional liability matters, including representing professionals before the New Hampshire Office of Professional Licensure and Certification such as the Boards of Nursing and Medicine. She also guides New Hampshire hospitals through the guardianship process in order to help community members find their way to a safe and appropriate setting. In addition, Marrielle maintains a diverse Labor and Employment practice and counsels clients on workplace policies, handbooks, terminations, wage and hour issues, and navigating harassment and disability issues, among other things. Marrielle maintains strong relationships with the New England equestrian community and has helped professionals as they grow their clientele.
Born and raised on the New Hampshire Seacoast, Marrielle contributes to her community by serving as a development committee member for Families First Health and Support Center, an Alumni Advisory Board Member at Berwick Academy, and a board member and secretary of Hidden Pond Farm Equine Rescue. She became an adjunct professor at the UNH Franklin Pierce School of Law in 2019, serving as a faculty advisor to students in legal residencies.
Prior to joining Sulloway & Hollis, Marrielle spent several years representing the leading healthcare systems in and around Philadelphia in medical malpractice actions. Before attending law school, she worked in operations at a boutique oil trading firm in Boston. A lifelong horseback rider, she can be found working with her young German Riding Pony or grooming at horse shows on weekends if she is not chasing her rescue dog, Sally, down local trails.
Areas of Practice
Labor and Employment
U.S. District Court District of New Hampshire
U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law, Villanova, Pennsylvania
St. Lawrence University, Canton, New York
B.A. cum laude
Université de Rouen, Mont-Saint-Aignan, France
News & Announcements
- Sulloway Attorneys Honored as 2019 New England Super Lawyers and New England Rising Stars
- Sulloway Attorneys Honored as 2018 New England Super Lawyers and New England Rising Stars
- Marrielle Van Rossum Elected NH Vice President of the Tri-State Defense Lawyers Association
- Giving Back from a Distance: Philanthropic Opportunities Abound Despite the Need to Keep Away
- Co-Author, “Utilizing Your Alumni Network for Personal Development,” The Legal Intelligencer, May 14, 2015
- Co-Author, Of Surgical Sponges and Flour Barrels, and Why Medical Experts Are Needed Even with a Res Ipsa Loquitur Instruction, 7 Drexel. L. Rev. 309 (2015)
- Author, “Help Me Help You: A New Lawyer’s Guide to Working with an Assistant,” 15 Raising the Bar 6 (June 15, 2018)
- Former Contributor, New Hampshire Employment Law Newsletter
Honors and Awards
- 2018, 2019 and 2020 New England “Rising Star,” Super Lawyers
- Symposium Editor, Villanova Environmental Law Journal
- David G. Butterworth Editor Award
- Staff Writer Spirit Award
- Student Bar Association President
- Dean’s Student Advisory Committee
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New Hampshire Women’s Bar Association, At-Large Board Member
- Tri-State Defense Lawyers Association, New Hampshire Vice President
- DRI, Young Lawyers Steering Committee, Wellness Co-Chair
- Adjunct Professor, University of New Hampshire Franklin Pierce School of Law
- Development Committee, Families First Health and Support Center
- Alumni Advisory Board Member, Berwick Academy
- Secretary and Board Member, Hidden Pond Farm Equine Rescue