R. Carl Anderson has practiced law with Sulloway & Hollis since 1978. As Senior Counsel, he generally limits his practice to commercial real estate matters (rated as NH Best Lawyer for real estate), estate planning and trust administration and certain corporate and lending law matters. Mr. Anderson is admitted to practice law in New Hampshire and Massachusetts.
His broad experience in business matters and drafting skills make him particularly able to assist business owners and individuals with estate planning matters. Mr. Anderson also has had extensive experience with public utility bond financing and timberland management matters.
He served as a Judge Advocate in the United States Air Force from 1974 to 1978. He has served as a member of the NH Board of Bar Examiners.
- Counsel to purchaser of $74 million construction equipment dealership
- Counsel to Crown Paper Company for its sales of New Hampshire timberlands
- New Hampshire counsel for Public Service Company of New Hampshire’s bankruptcy reorganization
- Counsel to owners of New Hampshire timberlands managed by Wagner Forest Management, Ltd., including acquisitions and sales and negotiation of wind energy facility ground leases
- New Hampshire counsel for numerous secured bond financings, including bond issuances by public utilities (taxable and tax-exempt) and insurance company bond financing of integrated hydroelectric facility on Androscoggin River
- Estate and business succession planning, including $49.5 million shareholder redemption and sales to intentionally defective grantor trusts.
Areas of Practice
Trusts and Estates
U.S. District Court District of New Hampshire
Harvard University Law School, Cambridge, Massachusetts
University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa
B.A., Bachelor of Arts
Honors: With Highest Honors
- Former Chairperson of Board of Trustees, Bow Mills United Methodist Church
- Past president of Friends of Concord Swimming
News & Announcements
- Sulloway Attorneys Selected – Best Lawyers in America for 2022
- Sulloway Attorneys Selected 2021 Best Lawyers, Ones to Watch and Lawyer of the Year
- Several Sulloway & Hollis Attorneys Selected “The Best Lawyers in America”
- Does Your Will Minimize Probate Time and Fees?
- Negotiating a Fair Wind Energy Facility Lease for a Langowner
- Real Estate Law: Avoiding the NH Transfer Tax Trap