R. Carl Anderson
R. Carl Anderson has practiced law with Sulloway & Hollis since 1978. His practice covers general corporate and real estate matters (rated as NH Best Lawyer for real estate), trusts and estates, public utility finance, and creditor representation. Mr. Anderson is admitted to practice law in New Hampshire and Massachusetts.
Mr. Anderson acts as New Hampshire counsel for mortgage bond issuances by Eversource Energy and other utilities. He is general counsel for the largest Caterpillar equipment dealer in the United States and represents the management company of substantial timberlands. He has much experience with sales of large tracts of timberlands, including negotiation of wind energy facility leases for landowners.
His broad experience in business matters and drafting skills make him particularly able to assist business owners and individuals with estate planning matters. Mr. Anderson also has extensive experience with real estate financing, commercial foreclosures, representation of creditors in workouts and bankruptcy reorganization.
He served as a Judge Advocate in the United States Air Force from 1974 to 1978. He has served as a member of the NH Board of Bar Examiners.
- Counsel to purchaser of $74 million construction equipment dealership
- Counsel to Crown Paper Company for its sales of New Hampshire timberlands
- New Hampshire counsel for Public Service Company of New Hampshire’s bankruptcy reorganization
- Counsel to owners of New Hampshire timberlands managed by Wagner Forest Management, Ltd., including acquisitions and sales and negotiation of wind energy facility ground leases
- New Hampshire counsel for numerous secured bond financings, including bond issuances by public utilities (taxable and tax-exempt) and insurance company bond financing of integrated hydroelectric facility on Androscoggin River
- Estate planning for high-net-worth individuals, including business succession planning and $49.5 million shareholder redemption transaction
- Chairperson of Board of Trustees, Bow Mills United Methodist Church
- Past president of Friends of Concord Swimming
Areas of Practice
Trusts and Estates
U.S. District Court District of New Hampshire
Harvard University Law School, Cambridge, Massachusetts
University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa
B.A., Bachelor of Arts
Honors: With Highest Honors
News & Announcements
- Does Your Will Minimize Probate Time and Fees?
- Negotiating a Fair Wind Energy Facility Lease for a Langowner
- Real Estate Law: Avoiding the NH Transfer Tax Trap