Comprehensive Business & Corporate Law Services
At Sulloway & Hollis, we provide a broad range of legal services to meet the diverse needs of business clients across New England. Our Business & Corporate Practice Group includes distinguished attorneys who are highly regarded in this field of practice. Many have earned prestigious forms of peer-recognition through Best Lawyers in America, New Hampshire Business Review’s Top Lawyers in New Hampshire, Chambers U.S.A. and New England Super Lawyers. We are also AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell.*
Understanding Business Needs
Our attorneys are well-acquainted with the business climate our clients face. We stay abreast of the latest issues, developments and legal trends to provide cutting-edge legal counsel. By addressing all of our clients’ business concerns within the context of their unique goals and market position, we deliver integrated and tailored solutions.
Business Organization & Governance
Forming a business entity requires addressing numerous legal considerations. Likewise, legal issues factor heavily into establishing and maintaining a corporate governance structure.
Our legal team addresses all facets of business organization and governance, including:
- Forming business entities such as corporations (both S and C corporations), limited liability companies (LLCs), partnerships, limited liability partnerships (LLPs) and nonprofit organizations
- Forming affiliates and related entities
- Registering with the appropriate agencies
- Establishing bylaws and policies
- Creating audit committees, compensation committees and other appropriate committees
- Addressing conflicts of interest and pecuniary benefit transactions
- Managing board immunity and indemnity issues
- Handling board succession issues
- Navigating dissolution and conversion
While we work with a wide range of business organizations, our attorneys are particularly attuned to the needs of closely held firms.
In any business organization, countless legal issues arise during the course of day-to-day operations. We address these issues with clarity and acumen, providing guidance on:
- Negotiating, drafting and reviewing contracts, including:
- Franchise and distribution agreements
- Employment contracts
- Executive employment agreements
- Confidentiality agreements
- Noncompete agreements
- Protecting trade secrets and other intellectual property
- Preparing compensation plans, stock option plans, and employee benefit plans and programs
- Handling labor and employment law issues
- Providing experienced guidance on health law matters for medical institutions, private practices and health centers
- Navigating real estate issues, including:
- Real estate development
- Condominium formation and administration (residential and commercial)
- Commercial real estate and equipment leasing
- Land use and zoning
- Tax assessments and exemptions
- Protecting creditors’ interests in loan workouts, bankruptcy and commercial real estate foreclosures
- Addressing all aspects of business taxation
- Navigating administrative law and policy issues
- Advising businesses and political action committees on the nuances of New Hampshire election law
- Handling bond claims
- Providing ongoing consultation and risk management counsel
- Counseling clients on the emerging area of cyber liability and data security
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Private placements
- Government contracting
Disputes are inevitable in the life of any business. Whether they involve internal discord or external conflicts, securing experienced legal counsel is essential for successfully resolving them.
Our business litigation practice group handles a broad array of business disputes. We leverage a wealth of experience and insight to craft effective strategies for resolving conflict, whether through litigation, arbitration, mediation or other out-of-court solutions. By understanding the unique priorities of each client, we work to overcome legal challenges in a responsive and cost-effective manner.
Practice Group Members
- R. Carl Anderson
- Robert L. Best
- Kevin C. Cain
- Paul D. Creme
- Nathan R. Deleault
- S. Robert Fish, Jr.
- Peter F. Imse
- Joseph R. Lavoie
- Elizabeth M. Lorsbach
- Kelly L. Ovitt Puc
- Elise H. Salek
- Matthew J. Snyder
For more information about Sulloway & Hollis’ Business & Corporate Law Practice Group, please visit our contact page or call Practice Group Leader, Elise Salek, or Director of Business Development, Rob Lanney, at 603-223-2800.
*AV®, BV®, AV Preeminent® and BV Distinguished® are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used under in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general practice standards.