Navigating The Complexities Of Labor And Employment Law
Employment relationships are subject to a complex web of changing state and federal regulations. Navigating this niche area of law requires an experienced, proactive approach.
At Sulloway & Hollis, our Labor and Employment Practice Group provides comprehensive counseling and litigation services to employers across New England. We apply a wealth of knowledge to help employers avoid legal entanglements and overcome employment-related challenges. By taking a proactive approach, we strive to help clients avoid costly litigation whenever possible. However, should the need for litigation arise, our team of accomplished trial lawyers is well-equipped to protect clients’ interests.
Proactive Guidance ▪ Experienced Dispute Resolution
(Left to right: William D. Pandolph and Christopher J. Pyles)
We have a wide breadth of experience addressing the needs of employers in diverse industries. Our attorneys particularly understand the challenges faced by school districts, municipalities, health care institutions and businesses.
We help employers establish a strong foundation for avoiding claims before they arise – for example, by:
- Developing prudent employment policies, employee handbooks and other internal practices
- Investigating discrimination and harassment complaints
- Handling labor grievance and arbitration matters
- Preparing employee benefit programs, retirement plans, and other compensation and benefit programs
- Functioning as in-house labor and employment counsel to address ongoing issues
- Managing labor relations
- Negotiating collective bargaining agreements
- Counseling clients on guidelines for hiring, interviewing, conducting background investigations and terminating employees
- Ensuring compliance with the WARN Act (the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act) for large-scale layoffs
- Conducting trainings for employees, management and human resources departments
When disputes arise, we protect employers’ interests through strong and effective advocacy. Our attorneys have extensive experience appearing before courts as well as state and federal administrative agencies. We handle employment-related litigation, mediation and arbitration involving a wide array of legal claims.
Practice Group Members
- Kevin C. Cain
- Rose Marie Joly
- Edward M. Kaplan
- William D. Pandolph
- Christopher J. Pyles
- Marrielle B. Van Rossum
We represent employers throughout New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Vermont and Maine. For more information about our Labor and Employment Law Practice Group, please visit our contact page, or call Practice Group leaders Bill Pandolph or Chris Pyles at 603-223-2800.