Managing Labor Relations With Skill And Precision
Labor law is notoriously complex. For employers, navigating this area of law requires more than just bare compliance. A prudent approach requires taking proactive measures to reduce risks and promptly addressing labor-related disputes as they arise.
(Left to right: William D. Pandolph and Christopher J. Pyles)
At Sulloway & Hollis, our Labor and Employment Law Practice Group is an industry leader in helping employers navigate the nuances of labor law. We understand the challenges that often confront employers in this highly convoluted and politicized area of law. Drawing on a wealth of experience, our attorneys provide comprehensive counseling, training and litigation services for employers across New England.
Helping Employers Achieve Success
We help employers take concrete steps to successfully manage labor relations. Our attorneys assist clients with:
- Negotiating, drafting and reviewing collective bargaining agreements (CBAs)
- Conducting educational seminars and training for management, human resources departments and employees
- Navigating union election campaigns
- Developing strategies to prevent union formation in the nonunionized arena
- Providing ongoing guidance on labor issues that arise during day-to-day operations
Protecting Employers’ Interests In Labor-Related Disputes
A major part of our practice involves addressing labor-related disputes. Our attorneys handle grievance investigations and arbitration involving issues such as:
- Performance evaluations
- Employee disciplinary matters
- Unfair employment practices
- Breaches of the CBA
- Other alleged violations of employees’ rights
Should the grievance proceed to litigation, our legal team includes strong trial attorneys with extensive experience appearing before federal courts and the National Labor Relations Board. As a result, we are well-prepared to protect the interests of management.
Practice Group Members
For more information about our Labor and Employment Law Practice Group, please visit our contact page or call Practice Group Leaders Bill Pandolph or Chris Pyles at 603-223-2800.