Strategic Advocacy in Business and Commercial Litigation
At Sulloway & Hollis, we recognize the risks involved in business litigation. Our attorneys strive to help clients avoid the high costs of protracted disputes through creative, cost-effective solutions. We think outside the box in developing strategies for resolving disputes in a favorable and efficient manner. Yet, we are skilled advocates in the courtroom ready to defend or prosecute cases to verdict when necessary.
Our legal team includes accomplished litigators with impressive records of success. We have fruitfully protected clients’ interests before state and federal courts as well as administrative agencies and regulatory bodies. Additionally, we routinely represent clients in arbitration and other forms of alternative disputes resolution.
As business attorneys and trial lawyers, we understand the legal and economic climate in which our business clients operate. Drawing on a thorough understanding of our clients’ business objectives, we bring extensive experience and practical judgment to every legal matter. Our attorneys work collaboratively with clients and in-house legal counsel to secure positive results.
Because our firm addresses all aspects of business and corporate law, we possess a uniquely in-depth understanding of business needs.
Addressing A Wide Range Of Business Disputes
Our business litigation attorneys routinely handle cases involving:
- Internal disputes within partnerships, corporations and limited liability companies
- Stockholder and derivative actions
- Breach of contract disputes for clients seeking monetary damages and/or injunctive relief
- Unfair and deceptive trade practices claims
- Trade secrets and noncompetition litigation
- Construction disputes and construction bond claims
- Product liability litigation
- Employment and labor disputes, including wrongful discharge claims
- Environmental enforcement proceedings at the municipal, state and federal levels
- Insurance coverage disputes
- Professional liability claims
- Real estate litigation, including land use, eminent domain, environmental, inverse condemnation and tax abatement proceedings
- Banking and lender liability disputes
- ERISA litigation
- Adversarial bankruptcy proceedings
- Public utility regulatory proceedings
- Data security and cyber liability claims
Practice Group Members
- Kevin C. Cain
- Alexander G. Henlin
- David W. Johnston
- Derek D. Lick
- Margaret H. Nelson
- Kevin M. O’Shea
- Robert A. Whitney
For more information about our Business & Commercial Litigation Practice Group, visit our contact page or call our Practice Group Leader, Kevin O’Shea, or Director of Business Development, Rob Lanney, at 603-223-2800.