News & Thought Leadership from Sulloway & Hollis
Kevin O’Shea Serves on NEA’s 2021 – National Heritage Fellowship Selection Panel
For a second year, Sulloway equity member Kevin O’Shea served as a member of the National Endowment for the Arts’ selection panel for the 2021 National Heritage Fellowships.
The National Heritage Fellowship is the nation’s highest honor in the folk and traditional arts. Since its inception in 1982, the National Endowment for the Arts has awarded 458 fellowships, recognizing artists working in more than 200 distinct art forms. Past recipients include bluesman BB King; Bill Monroe, creator of bluegrass music; and gospel and soul singer Mavis Staples.
The selection panel includes experts in the folk and traditional arts and two laypersons. O’Shea also served on the 2020 National Heritage Fellowship selection panel.
The 2021 class of fellows include:
- Cedric Burnside, Hill Country Blues Musician from Ashland, Mississippi;
- Tagumpay De Leon, Rondalla Musician from Burbank, California;
- Anita Fields, Osage Ribbon Worker from Tulsa, Oklahoma;
- Los Lobos, Mexican-American Band from Los Angeles, California;
- Joanie Madden, Irish Flute Player from Yonkers, New York;
- Reginald “Reggio The Hoofer” McLaughlin, Tap Dancer from Chicago, Illinois;
- Nellie Vera Sánchez, Mundillo Master Weaver from Moca, Puerto Rico;
- Winnsboro Easter Rock Ensemble, Easter Rock Spiritual Ensemble from Winnsboro, Louisiana;
- Tom Davenport, Filmmaker, Documentarian, and Media Curator from Delaplane, Virginia.
O’Shea concentrates his practice in the area of commercial litigation; including contract disputes, defense of manufacturers’ warranties, and technology-related litigation. A member of Sulloway’s Ethics Committee, he has been an adjunct professor at the University of New Hampshire Franklin Pierce School of Law and is currently serving a four-year term as a Commissioner on the New Hampshire Higher Education Commission, the public body that regulates institutions of higher education in New Hampshire. Kevin’s LinkedIn page serves as a landing pad for his practice and legal interests.
Sulloway & Hollis has been providing clients with the highest quality legal services since 1852. Headquartered in Concord, NH, we are one of the oldest and most respected law firms in the state. Over the years, we have steadily and purposefully evolved to meet the changing needs of our clients and their markets. Today, Sulloway & Hollis is a regional firm with six offices across New England, working for a broad range of clients in a diverse array of industries. While our unwavering commitment to client service, personal relationships, and problem-solving has never changed, Sulloway has embraced proven technology advancements that allow us to be more accessible and responsive to our clients.