Our Healthcare team helps clients understand their state and federal compliance requirements and obligations, and works with them to create standard operating procedures that remain compliant with changing regulations.
Every healthcare organization or provider has a guiding set of legal, ethical, and professional standards that it must adhere to. We assist clients in the development of policies and procedures that define compliant conduct, and create a process that continually monitors and trains to the standards.
Our team has extensive experience and expertise representing clients in administrative and regulatory compliance matters. We regularly assist hospitals and healthcare clients with:
- Licensing and Regulatory Matters
- Certification and Accreditation
- Physician and Medical Staff Relationships
- Board Responsibilities & Board Policies
- Tax-Exempt Status Matters
- Employee Benefits Issues
- HIPAA & Medical Records Issues
- Labor and Employment Issues
- Medicare/Medicaid Fraud and Abuse
- Physician Self-Referral Matters
- Health Plan Contracting
- Physician Employment
- Antitrust Issues
We draft policies and procedures and conduct compliance training related to HIPAA Privacy, Security, Code Sets Rules, and related state law requirements. When breaches occur, we advise clients on complying with federal and state notification requirements and responding to government investigations, subpoenas and law enforcement requests for documents containing protected health information.