At Sulloway & Hollis, our Labor and Employment Law Practice Group manages labor relations with skill and precision. Labor law is notoriously complex and employers navigating this area of law need more than just bare compliance. A prudent approach requires taking proactive measures to reduce risks and promptly addressing labor-related disputes as they arise.
Our Labor & Employment team stands with our clients to protect their interests and help employers take concrete steps to successfully manage labor relations. Our attorneys assist clients with:
- Negotiating, drafting and reviewing collective bargaining agreements (CBAs)
- Navigating union election campaigns
- Developing strategies to prevent union formation in the nonunionized arena
- Providing ongoing guidance on labor issues that arise during day-to-day operations
We serve clients in a wide array of industries, with a particular focus on health care providers, medical institutions, school districts, educational institutions, and municipalities. Our attorneys handle grievance investigations and arbitration involving issues such as:
- Performance evaluations
- Employee disciplinary matters
- Unfair employment practices
- Breaches of the CBA
- Other alleged violations of employees' rights
Should the grievance proceed to litigation, our legal team includes strong trial attorneys with extensive experience appearing before State and federal courts. As a result, we are well-prepared to protect the interests of management.